Sacrament of Reconciliation
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated every Saturday beginning at 2:30 p.m. until all confessions have been heard and by request after the 4 p.m. Mass. In addition, you may schedule a personal time for the sacrament by contacting the pastor.
At the time of First Reconciliation...
- ...a child must be baptized and have the ability to know right from wrong (usually this happens about 7 years of age)
- ...a child has had two years of previous religious instruction
- ...a child has been participating in the faith life of the parish (Mass and Devotion)
- ...a child has committed to home based lessons in preparation to receive the sacrament
- ...parents must attend enrollment and sacramental meetings
- ...the child and parents have participated in a required morning retreat/catechetical session
Celebration of the sacrament will typically take place during Advent (late November or early December.